A New Year




Since graduating college, I’ve grown quite fond of endings and beginnings. Back then, they were happening every few months and you got to experience a sense of accomplishment and taking on a new adventure at least three times a year. After college, that changed quite a bit, especially since I’ve had no major job changes or moves.

However, you can always count on the end of the year. It brings with it time to reflect on the good and bad of the past and look forward to the future, whatever it may bring. This year our Christmas card featured some top moments of 2012. I am kind of an amateur at the Christmas card thing, and I did not order enough, so I thought I’d share an extended version here so everyone can enjoy. Next year I’ll do a better job at getting it to you by mail.

So with no further ado, here are some of our top moments of 2012…

Although Henry was born on the last day of 2011, we didn’t get to meet him until 2013. What a joy it’s been to watch him grow over the past year. Having nephews is one of my all-time favorite things about life. They are precious. In 2012, we also got to celebrate Conner turning 1 and Asher turning 3. Such a sweet time!

I joined a Bunko group full of hilarious, spirited, wonderful women. I am  the youngest by far, but we have a lot of fun together. Thanks to Donna Thomas for welcoming me into the fold!

I celebrated my 26th birthday with Kim and Krissi watching the Bachelor. It’s been such a blessing to get together with these girls weekly, drink Wine-A-Ritas and catch up on life all while watching the Bachelor, Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad.
 
 
We had “fun” continuing to improve our home, one project at a time. The biggest project of 2012 was dejungling our side yard.

After four years of having Zach in Stillwater, we had to say goodbye and wish him well as he left for boot camp and began in career in the Army. It was so bittersweet.

I traveled to Chicago for the first time and loved it! I wish Kyle could have been there, but it was nice to spend some time with my incredible coworkers. What a blast we have together! 

Kyle got season tickets to OSU Football! I am not a huge sports fan, but I enjoyed going to games much more than I thought I would. It’s great to have the opportunity to cheer on my alma mater with pretty much everyone else in town. Plus, it gave Kyle and I some very rare Saturday time together since he’s usually working.

Kyle and I celebrated 4 years of marriage with a trip to Branson.

We logged more than 500 miles back and forth from Hennessey, Ponca, Mulvane and Stillwater celebrating Christmas with friends and family. 


And finally, here we are ringing in the New Year. Kyle and I went to Hennessey to spend New Year’s Eve with my family since Zach was leaving the next day. We had a blast. Terry and Cheryl came over and hung out for a little bit, and then we played some of Grandpa’s old games. He’s moving back to Hennessey, so for Christmas he let us each pick out a game from his stash. It brought back some good memories and was a lot of fun in the process. Kyle normally doesn’t love games, but even he had a great time.

I hope that every one of you was able to enjoy success and learn from your challenges in 2012. 2013 is sure to bring plenty of wonderful beginnings and endings for all of us. Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day