Getting Fit

 
This weekend was full of fun and plenty of Olympics viewing for Kyle and I - even though we were apart for most of it. He was attending a wedding at Grand Lake while I was in Hennessey throwing a baby shower for one of my childhood friends. It was a good time.

One of my low points was watching all of those perfect Olympian six packs. It just reminded me yet again that I am SO not fit! I would probably be in better shape if synchronized swimming was still a part of the Olympic games. My cousins and I used to train for that in Grandpa's pool, and we had a pretty good routine if I don't say so myself. I'm sure we'd be in London right now if this world was just. But I digress...

Earlier this month I had a health assessment for my insurance at work. It was a very eventful day, and I MAY have passed out from the finger prick (Yet again. Heaven help me!). However, as I was coming to and looking at my results, I realized I am in the ideal category for everything but nutrition and exercise. Go figure! Now that my age is catching up to me, I better start paying attention to things like this before it's too late. I think your genes only carry you so far. So tomorrow morning, I am getting up to exercise for the first time in a LONG time. Here's to hoping I can stay on top of it. At least I know I'll have good motivation for the next few weeks, anyway!

I didn't get many pictures of the shower, so here's a little video of Asher. He was supposed to be in bed but came downstairs because he wasn't tired. Mom let him stay up to watch team USA during the opening ceremonies.


Comments

  1. We would totally be in London right now if synchronized swimming was still a part of the Olympics. I'm sure we'd be gold medalists!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day

Embrace