Happy Surprises

Every now and then you get a little something you weren't expecting. It might not be earth-shattering but it makes life a little better. I love those times, and I've definitely been in need of them lately.

Last weekend, we went to Hennessey on Sunday so Kyle could get a haircut. Mom and Dad are getting ready to redo the guest bedroom, so they had me go through my cup collection, which was being stored in there. (They continue to insist my stuff come live with me, although I'm pretty sure I'm the only child they're doing this with. Us middle children are so mistreated!) Most of my cups are junk now, but Asher found one cup to be particularly fascinating, so I let him keep it. I remember loving a cup just like this at Kim's house, but it had a frog in the bottom. I have so many memories of sleepovers at the Riddles!  


Kim turned 26 this past weekend, so we took a little trip to Eischen's to celebrate. It was SO much fun. Kim, Trey, Krissi, Brandon, Kyle and I rode there together to meet Ryan, Julie and Waite. It was good catching up with everyone and instead of going home, we decided to go bowling. You'll have to ask Kim how she managed to score a whopping 23 points the first game. That takes real skill! She redeemed herself the second game, though.

 This was only my second time at Eischen's and Kyle's first, believe it or not!

The girls rocking their stylish bowling shoes!

That started off an entire week of little happy surprises. On Monday, Kim brought cookie cake to our Bachelor Pad watch party! On Tuesday, Asher came to visit me at the office before going to the Wondertorium. They stayed in town and joined us for dinner and Kyle's softball game with Mom, Dad and Kyle's parents. Today, I had a little impromptu happy hour with some girls from work before going out to dinner with Tanner and Courtney, who were in town buying a dirt bike. (Kyle is so jealous.) Who knows what the rest of the week will bring, but I'm pretty excited to find out.

Kyle and his number one fan (when he isn't climbing the bleachers, getting a drink from the water fountain, playing catch or riding Aunt Abby like a horse). Asher saw that Uncle Kyle was dirty, so he had to pour sand all over his legs to be just like him! 


 The all-star in action! 

 

 
Kyle's cheering section! It was super hot during both of his games but started cooling off just before we left.

Comments

  1. The other kids are taking their stuff also!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, yeah, I'll believe it when I see it, Mom! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

Independence Day

A Yellow Brick Farewell