Merry Christmas!

I realize this is a bit overdue, but Merry Christmas! Kyle and I had a wonderful time celebrating Christmas with our families. As always, things were a bit hectic, but SO much fun. Zach was able to come home for Christmas, so that made the holidays even more special.

Kyle and I took off the Thursday and Friday before Christmas. Zach was supposed to land in OKC at 10:45 on Thursday night and we were so excited to go to the airport and get him. Unfortunately 10:45 became 11:15, 12:10 and finally 1:25. By the time he actually got here, the OKC airport was pretty much shut down. It was a late night, but we were so thankful that he wasn’t delayed any more. We took him out to IHOP for a bite to eat before traveling home, and it was so fun to laugh and share stories in person.

Zach and his buddy, Peter, who lives in Stillwater. They enlisted at the same time and are driving back to California together. 

On Friday night, we traveled back to Stillwater because we were celebrating Christmas with the Fox family the next day. Greg, Stacie and Henry came to stay the night with us. We enjoyed spending some time with Henry. It seems like we haven’t seen him much lately, and he is changing so much! He says “uh, oh” now and can stand and walk along things. He turns one on Dec. 31 and will be walking any day now.


The rest of the family joined us on Saturday. It was so much fun hosting Christmas! Especially because Kyle’s mom still did most of the cooking! :) We had a great time together watching Henry and Conner experience Christmas together for the first time.


He moved the elf there and then decided it was in his way.

 

 

 
Leave it up to Kyle to be goofing around with his grandparents!
 
We got Kyle's parents and grandparents a photo book. I think it was a hit!

 

 
 This was the best we could do of the both of them sitting by the tree. 

 
Proud grandparents!

We headed back to Hennessey Saturday night for game night. We changed things up this year and instead of the usual Guess Who and Don’t Break the Ice (can you tell we’ve been doing this since we were little?!), we played Minute to Win It holiday games. It was such a good time! Kyle and I were a bit under the weather but we still had a blast.  

Asher playing with Tyrus and Lisa before the games began. 

Josh sorting the jingle bells.

Marshmallow toss, which I rocked by the way!



Blowing the card to the edge of the table. 

The ornament balance. 


This was the funniest game by far. The object was to move the sacks to the table without touching your hands or knees to the floor. Hilarious!

Asher even got in on the fun. Most of the games were too grown up for him so we took turns playing with him in the other room while the rest of us fought to the death!

Asher likes to pretend that he's a horse and Lisa's hair is his mane. 

The next morning we woke up for Christmas with the Taylor family. It was so much fun watching Asher. For the first time, he really wanted some things for Christmas this year, and it was delightful when he opened them. He got a little tired waiting for his turn, but he did really well. Later that day Julianna Buller came to take family pictures while we were all together. Asher was freezing, but I think we got some good ones. I can’t wait to see them! 

 



The guys played football while the girls got ready.


Kyle headed back after that for work and Mom, Dad, Zach, Ty, Lisa and I played games and watched TV for the rest of the night. On Christmas Eve, I made another trip back to Stillwater so Kyle and I could celebrate. We went out to Olive Garden to eat and then we picked out my Christmas gift, a vacuum cleaner. I know that probably sounds like a bad gift to a lot of the women out there, but I really needed it and since I do the budget, I would much rather get something practical. I was a happy girl. I got Kyle tickets to drive a car on the Texas Motor Speedway. He was convinced it was Thunder tickets, so it was pretty fun to watch him open it and discover he was wrong!

Did I mention he actually vacuumed for me, too?! :)

"Did you really get me this?!" 

Christmas Day came with promises of snow. As we went to bed on Christmas Eve we wondered whether we’d be able to travel. Unfortunately, when we woke up, there was ZERO snow on the ground! How disappointing! But we were able to go to Ponca for a second celebration with Kyle’s family. We ate good food and enjoyed the afternoon together.  By the time we got home on Christmas evening, all we wanted to do what sit around and watch TV, so that’s what we did.

Peek-a-boo!


Stuffed after a delicious meal!

It was an exhausting long weekend, but we enjoyed it so much! It made me very thankful, yet again, to have such a wonderful Christian family to celebrate with. I couldn’t be happier to have a full schedule around the holidays. It’s always filled with love and joy! I hope you enjoyed the holiday with friends and family near and far, and remembered to thank God for sending us the gift of His Son.

Comments

  1. I have that exact same vacuum and love it! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good. I am so glad. I had no idea which one to pick, and I didn't do a lot of research beforehand. It's nice to get lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day