Branson, MO

December has been such a busy month that I’m having a very hard time keeping up, so while I have a few minutes, an internet connection and some time to think, let’s catch you up on our trip to Branson. We went the first weekend in December. Our 4th anniversary was Nov. 8 but because of the football schedule, we decided to postpone our annual trip a few weeks.

I love taking trips with my husband around the time of our anniversary. It’s nice to have some quiet time to reflect on how far we’ve come since exchanging vows years ago. In the day-to-day craziness that is life, I forget to pause and tell him how much he means to me. Maybe this should be one of my new year’s resolutions…

We were up in the air about this trip but in the end decided on Branson. My Grandpa has a condo there and very graciously allowed us to stay for free. This is important because we didn’t want to spend too much money. Next year we’d like to take a vacation to California to visit Zach and maybe another one for our anniversary. We’ll just have to see what happens.

Kyle and I were engaged in Branson, and I visited there many times as a child, so it was very good to be back. I didn’t realize how different it would feel without a bunch of family members there with us. There were several times Kyle and I glanced at each other and shared a smile because we just didn’t quite fit in. Either we felt we needed to have children with us or (more often) we needed to be older to fit in with the rest of the crowd. I think the perfect example of this is when the balding man to Kyle’s left started dozing off during the dinner show. Granted, a full stomach always puts you in a sleepy mood, but dinner was served at 4 and it was only 5 p.m. for goodness sake!

Regardless, we had a great time and we got to do some fun things including the Hollywood Wax Museum, the Titanic Museum (my favorite), the Showboat Branson Belle, the Celebrity Car Museum (Kyle’s favorite) and the Festival of Lights. It was a good trip and, more importantly, it allowed us to reconnect and get 90 percent of our Christmas shopping done. This made the holidays much less stressful for both of us.

Kyle's favorite spot at the condo. 

 
Ripley's Believe it or Not


Titanic Museum

The Smokey and the Bandit car at the Celebrity Car Museum.



Festival of Lights. My favorite part was the 12 days of Christmas. 

Christmas shopping at the Grand Village. 

Hollywood Wax Museum


  


 The view from the scenic lookout we found while searching for our engagement bridge.


 
This was the view from our balcony seats. 


 

 


I am sure we will go back and next time, we are going to visit the spot where we got engaged. I forgot to look at my wedding book to see where it was before we left, so we spent one afternoon driving around the outskirts of Branson trying to find it. We had no luck, but I can still picture it perfectly in my head.... 


This was a re-enactment. The real deal was a surprise and I didn't even have a camera with me. As you can tell, I was very excited!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day