Christmas time is here again…

So it’s that time of year again, and I can hardly contain my excitement! I forget how much I love Christmas time until I start seeing holiday commercials and hearing Christmas music. I always hold off on decorating the house until after Thanksgiving, so on the following Saturday, the time had come. Kyle did his part by taking the boxes down and assembling the trees for me the night before, so when I woke up, I was all ready to go. One Christmas movie and two cups of apple cider later, I was putting on the finishing touches just as the bedlam game was starting. It was a heart breaker, but having some holiday spirit around definitely helped get us through it. Plus, we had a great dinner with friends afterward, which always makes life better!


Kyle just couldn't give up the hat for a picture in front of tree #1. We are still collecting ornaments for this one, so in the mean time, we're using it to display Christmas cards we receive. 


 The following Sunday, we put up the Christmas lights. This was always Kyle's job, and I had managed to escape helping in the past. However, this year Tom decided he had better things to do, so I was Kyle's assistant. It was great weather, so it was pretty peaceful up on the roof. I might just help again next year!


Comments

  1. LOVE the dancing hat, and of course, Kyle's dancing too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

Independence Day

A Yellow Brick Farewell