Another year in the books!

We rang in the new year with friends. Kyle was certain he wouldn't make it to midnight, but thanks to our relentless efforts to entertain him, we were able to share a New Year's kiss before leaving the party at exactly 12:05.

 Us poor girls had to put up with these silly guys all night!

We played lots of games including one that had questions about the year. Things like what will you remember most about 2014, etc. I must have a bad memory because it was hard to pick out certain things that stood out about 2014. Fortunately for me, I have this little thing you call a blog, which documents life so I don't have to remember. So last weekend I started thinking about the memorable moments of 2014 and looking back at old posts. I found that 2014 was a year full of new things. Here are some of my favorites.

1. I gained three nieces and, just like that, the niece/nephew count evened out.




2. We adopted Oliver and became crazy dog people. 


3. I went to my first-ever high school reunion (and hopefully first of many). 


4. Kyle got a new job that has been such a blessing to both of us over the past five months.



5. I visited Seattle for the first time. 

 

6. Kyle lived it up during his first trip to a pumpkin patch. 


7. I got my first picture with Pistol Pete. (I'm a little ashamed it admit it took me this long!) 


8. And we celebrated the completion of my first fundraising campaign. 


Overall, I'd say 2014 was a pretty good year. We have been blessed beyond measure, and we are excited to see what 2015 has in store! Happy New Year, everybody.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

Independence Day

A Yellow Brick Farewell