Thoughts on January

Well, it's officially the end of January. It feels like time is whizzing by and yet somehow this month also seemed long. Don't ask me how that could happen because at the moment I am spent. I am about to be out of the office for a while, so work has been a little crazy lately. Projects I've been working on for months are starting to enter their final stages. It's exciting, but I feel like I have too many balls in the air to worry about things like patience and actually listening to my coworkers without my brain getting side tracked. You know, just the common courtesies that make you a decent person to be around. :) Just a few more weeks, and I will be back to my normal self.

Outside of work, it's been a month mixed with fun, exercise and relaxation. I will post about our trips to Hennessey and Rose Hill soon, but for now, we'll focus on everything else.

One of the best Christmas presents I got this year came from my best friend's husband, Trey. He may not have had me in mind when he purchased the present, but it's the gift that counts (wait...I think that's backward). Anyway, he bought Kim tickets to the Garth Brooks concert and told her to take anyone but him. He's not a country fan. So Kim called to see if I'd go with her. I was so excited! I'm not a huge country fan either, but it's Garth Brooks! So we went, sang our hearts out and had a great time. Kim knew EVERY word to EVERY song, but that didn't surprise me considering the Garth poster that hung on her wall through middle school.

 Me and my concert buddy! Every concert I've been to has been with this one, and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

 We were in the top section right behind the 360 degree stage. 

 So fun and entertaining to watch!

 Trisha came on for a few songs, too. I felt sorry for her because most people used that time for a bathroom break. 

Kyle and several of his coworkers have a bet going on to see who can loose the most weight by March 31, which means he's been on a health kick. I wasn't loving it at first. For some reason when I want to get healthy he doesn't and vice versa. But I finally got on board, so we've been going to the gym in the mornings and trying to eat healthier. So far, so good.

He sent me this picture during one of their runs. Note the frozen waterfall in the background. 

It's been crazy weather for January. This week there were three days with highs in the 70's. I love cold weather, but I was ready for a break. So Oliver and I have been going on walks and even enjoyed a picnic lunch one day, soaking up the rays. But all good things must come to an end. Some much needed rain is on the way this weekend, which is ironic because we'll be throwing a baby shower for Krissi on Sunday.

 

Yes, apparently I take doggy selfies on nice days. That's totally normal, right? 

Well I guess that does it for now. Until next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day