The Sights of Seattle

In the middle of September, I traveled to Seattle with some coworkers for the annual ADRP Conference. I have always wanted to go to the Pacific Northwest, so I was really excited when I found out that's where we were going. I expected the weather to be rainy, but we came at a great time of year. It was overcast most of the time we were there, but it only sprinkled on us once. One of the locals told me it's usually more sunny in September than it was during our trip, but I would have been disappointed if there were no clouds. It's Seattle, so that's kind of what you'd expect. Here are some photos from our trip. I definitely wouldn't mind going back some day.

 We left early in the morning on Tuesday, the day before the conference, so we'd have some time to enjoy Seattle. Our first stop was the market on Pike Place. 

 We didn't see any fish throwing because it was pretty late in the day, and unfortunately, I was too lazy to make it down there in the morning. I'll add it to my list for next time. 

 One thing I wasn't expecting were all the pretty flowers! It seemed like everywhere we looked, there were people carrying them.

 The very first Starbucks.

 We had a late lunch at Ivar's and I was brave and tried the fish and chips. I would never order seafood for myself, but I have to admit that the seafood in Seattle was pretty good. When in Rome...

 After resting a bit at the hotel, we headed to the Space Needle in time for the sunset. 

 The view from the top. 




 So pretty! 

 Can you tell we're Cowboy fans?!  

 Then we did a QUICK lap around the Chihuly Garden just before it closed. 


 The Space Needle at night. 

 After that, we took the monorail back to our hotel and decided to venture out for dinner. We had a little trouble finding The Pink Door, but I'm so glad we did. It was a wonderful little Italian restaurant with a great atmosphere. We weren't super hungry, so we decided to try out several appetizers instead of main dishes. I even had a bite of the ahi tuna, which was better than I expected but still not great. My only regret is that we missed the aerialist performer that comes a couple times a week.

 After a full day of conferencing on Wednesday, we decided to ride the ferry over to Bainbridge Island for dinner.


It didn't seem like that bad of a commute to me.

 We enjoyed the view on the way over. When we got off, a woman could clearly see we weren't sure what we were doing, so she recommended a few places to us. We ended up eating at Hitchcock, which was quite the experience. It was a great atmosphere and we got to sit right by the kitchen  so we watched as they placed each thing carefully on the plates. I had the pork chop, which was a little undercooked for my taste, and then we tried corn ice cream for dessert. It was quite tasty. Our dinner lasted longer than expected, and we almost missed our ferry back, but we ended up making it just in time. 

 Seattle at night 


 When we got back, we walked around some of the city with our tour guide, Kasey, who was part of our group and originally from Spokane. We stumbled upon the gum wall, which was completely disgusting.

 These pictures are terrible quality, but I wanted to remember the enormity of it. It just seemed to go on and on.

The next evening was our last on in Seattle. We met up for dinner as a group at Blueacre Seafood, and my favorite part were the crab cakes. After, I talked these girls into going on the Great Wheel with me. Kyle isn't a fan of heights, so if we ever go back there is zero chance he'll go with me. 

 The ride was actually very relaxing. We were one of two groups on and the city looked so sparkly from up there. 

 Lindsay and Annie

 Me and Rachel 


 What a great way to end my time in Seattle.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day