July Surprises

July has been packed full of surprises and new things. We had lots of random visits from nieces and nephews, which we love. And now we have one more! Greg and Stacie welcomed Ella into the world on Monday, and I'm counting down the hours until we get to meet her tomorrow. Stay tuned for pictures.

In other news, Kyle got a new job! It was a very hard decision for him to make since it meant leaving behind some of the best coworkers he's had, but in the end, it was an opportunity he just couldn't pass up. So now he is the finance manager at Janzen Toyota. It's only his second day, but he is loving it so far. (Next time you loyal readers out there need a new vehicle, feel free to give him a call.)

Overall I'd say this has been a pretty great month. And to top it all off, the weather in Oklahoma has been WONDERFUL. Two weeks with temps in the 70s and rain is pretty much unheard of this time of year. Kyle isn't loving all the extra mowing, but it's a small price to pay. Says the woman who does absolutely no yard work whatsoever. :)

 I got to babysit Miss Morgan and we had so much fun together! 

 Before the weather turned cool, I decided to make a quick trip to Hennessey so I could swim with these cuties. 



 Have you ever seen something this precious in your life?! I love Quinnie's smiles. 
 Nana and Papa were babysitting Conner one evening, so Kyle talked them into bringing him down for a little quality Aunt and Uncle time. 

 He and Uncle Kyle had lots of fun at El Vaq. Not all of it was entirely appropriate, but Kyle is still working on his manners. :) 



 The next day Josh and Stacy were in town for a Ward get together, so they stopped by before heading home. Kyle had fun threatening to feed Asher to Oliver. 

 How are we ever supposed to get to work on time with these puppy dog eyes begging us to stay?


 Such a lazy dog...except when there is a tennis ball in sight.

 Oliver has always played with tennis balls at Mom and Dad's house, but we got him a few of his own, and he is IN LOVE. By the way, the Kong tennis ball was a bit of a waste. He likes the regular ones better and he doesn't tear them to shreds...for at least a few hours anyway!


 The rain put a little bit of a damper on our nightly walking routine, but I'll take it if it means I can wear a hoodie in July! 

Happy National Ice Cream month! 

And as if things couldn't get any better, Andi picked the right guy on the Bachelorette finale. Morgan was pretty excited about it. I was hoping she'd roll over for joy but no such luck. I was in the room when she rolled over for the first time, but I have yet to actually see it in progress. I guess I'll just have to be patient. 

Oh, and I almost forgot. This month wasn't all roses. While cleaning one Saturday I found a mouse, which turned into MICE when Kyle got home to investigate. Oliver, my protector, and I cuddled on the couch while he set the traps and disposed of the body. Fun times!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

Independence Day

A Yellow Brick Farewell