A Wine-filled Weekend

September 8th was the second annual Hennessey Wine and Chocolate Festival. Kyle and I missed history last year because we were working and couldn't come see the big festival debut. However, we were not going to miss it this year. It also helped that Dad told us the date three months in advance!

I wasn't sure what to expect, but there was a great turn out at Memorial Park. I think they estimated between 800 to 1,000 people attended, which is basically half the town. It was a lot of fun and Dad even came home with a 3rd place prize. We were very proud. There are different awards, some based on popularity. It hurts Dad a little that most of his crowd are Baptists and therefore less likely to attend something like this. :)

Dad was busy at his booth the whole night, which made getting pictures difficult. I'm not sure if you can see it, but behind him is the sign Ty and Lisa made him for Father's Day
 

On our way to the festival, Asher thought he should be able to try Grandpa's wine. Obviously that didn't fly, but Kyle thought it would be funny to let him drink water out of a wine glass. I don't think Stacy appreciated it.

The fire fighters provided the meal, and Asher wanted to go check out the truck. He's having a fire fighter birthday party later this month. 

I thought this one was just too cute. I think he was pretending to be a tiger in the jungle at this point. 

After the festival, we spent the night in Hennessey and hung out with Asher most of the day on Sunday. He and Kyle rode the 4-wheeler out to see the cows a couple of times. But the highlight of the day BY FAR was getting to talk to Zach on the phone. That's the first time I'd gotten to talk to him since he left for boot camp and it was great to hear from him, besides just the letters he's sent. Mom and Dad went to Ft. Jackson to watch him graduate this past weekend. What an accomplishment! We were hoping he'd get to come home so we'd all get to see him, but the day after graduation, he was on a plane to California. At least we can call him whenever we want now.

 Trying a drink of Aunt Abby's Diet Dr. Pepper.

Asher has been putting his hands on his hips lately. It's just too cute! 

He looks upset in this picture. It's probably because he just got done saying, "Aunt Abby, you stand over there or we might run over you!"

Well the plan was to post a few times this week, but I'm not sure if I'll get to it or not. I am leaving for Chicago on Tuesday! I'm so excited to visit that city since I've never been before. The only negative is that poor Kyle will be stuck at home without me. If you'll be in town, call him. I'm sure he could use some company!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day