Fleeting Fall

The trees have been turning in Stillwater for a few weeks, and as more and more of them fall, I'm reminded how short my favorite season really is. Much like life, it goes by way too fast. I can't decide if knowing my time is limited is a good thing or a bad thing. It makes me appreciate it more but every time I truly sit back and enjoy the sight, I'm reminded that it won't last and a little sadness creeps in. It's so bittersweet. But fortunately, the great things of today are often overshadowed by the even better things of tomorrow. I know the wonders of this life can't compare to what's waiting for me in Heaven and likewise, my precious fall ushers in the joy of the Christmas season. So instead of being melancholy, I'll embrace the season I'm in and live to fullest.

The weekend before Halloween, Kyle and I went to Hennessey because my Grandma and Grandpa Donahue were coming for a visit. Kyle was able to take off early, so we got to enjoy a little more time with them than we usually do. It was so great to play games and talk with my grandparents. They remind me to live simply and be thankful for what I have. While we were there we also got to carve pumpkins with Asher, watch the horse races and enjoy a beautiful fall evening out by the fire. What a weekend!


 Since Uncle wasn't there to pick the hard design, I guess Asher had to carry on the tradition. 

 He was really excited about stabbing the pumpkin, so we let him "carve" another one so we'd still have one good pumpkin to work with.

 Thank goodness Daddy stepped in to help. 

 The finished product! 

 Asher's horse stable. 


 And the quarter horses are off! Asher was very particular about everyone sitting down at the races. Kyle got in trouble multiple times!

 Luckily I was right beside him to keep him in line! 

 And then it was time for a little deck repair. 

 Luckily Asher had his tools handy. 

 Chopping wood for the fire.

And then it was time for the weenie roast.

 Asher found some of Mom's old Halloween costumes and had a great time trying them all on. 

 
 And back at the house, I just couldn't resist photographing our neighbor's tree. Who wouldn't want this in their front yard?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day