Baby, It's Cold Outside

Well winter weather has definitely found its way to Stillwater, and it was just in time for the big game last weekend. Who knew you could stand outside for 4+ hours in freezing temperatures, teeth chattering, feet numbing, nose running, and actually enjoy yourself?! Kyle and I had a great time at the game, and I’m so glad we were there to witness the record-breaking BPS sellout!

 
While it was a great night, I found myself feeling a little sorry for the Baylor fans surrounding us in the stadium. The feeling of having a national championship shot so close to reach only to have it snatched away by one bad game is still a little too familiar after 2011. Luckily teams bounce back, and I’m sure there will be plenty of wins in Baylor’s future (but hopefully not against Oklahoma State).
 
But football wasn't the only thing on our weekend agenda. We headed to Hennessey the next morning for Stacy’s baby shower. It is so hard to believe the baby will be there in a little over a month! I absolutely cannot wait to be an aunt again, especially since this time we’ll be welcoming a niece into the world. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my nephews completely, but I’m just really excited for everything that comes with a girl. Frilly dresses, bows, baby dolls, dollhouses, the list goes on and on. Jan 6 can’t get here soon enough!

 Kendal and Kacy did a great job with the decorations. Josh and Stacy are keeping the name a secret, but they did break down  and tell us it begins with a "Q"!

 At the last minute we swapped out the punch for hot cocoa since it ended up snowing on Sunday. While a few of the guests couldn't make it, there was still a really good turnout. And did I mention the snow, however breif it was, was absolutely beautiful. There are few things better than the first snow of the season.

 The hostesses
 
The Mimi and Mamo-to-be

We’ve been to Hennessey now almost every weekend in November for a baby-related party. First it was AnaLeah’s baby’s shower, then Kim’s gender reveal party and now celebrating Baby Ward. All were great occasions, and I was so happy to be there for them. There’s nothing like warm memories on a cold day.

 Miss Penelope's Shower 

 Relaxing before the guests arrive. 

 We did a sundae bar instead of the usual cake or cookies. 

It was so good seeing these girls again! Our lives have changed so much in the last few years, but they are still a blast to be around. 

Then it was time for the big gender reveal! I felt like I'd been waiting FOREVER to find out if Baby Lester was a boy or a girl, so I was very excited for the wait to be over. 

 We wore pink if we though it was a girl and blue for a boy. Kim's dad either couldn't decide or just likes being right because he wore both! :) 


The Bachelor crew is back together! Juan Pablo better hurry up because I'm ready for regular girls nights again.

  For the big reveal, we each got a balloon with confetti inside. On the count of three we popped them and found out we were having a little girl! 


 Kimberly is going to be such a great mom. She's practically been mothering me for years, and look how good I turned out. :) I'm really excited she's having a little girl to spoil like crazy. There for a while, I was getting nothing but nephews, but it looks like the nieces are catching up, and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day

Embrace