May in Oklahoma

Where does the time go? My summer is already flying by and it hasn't even officially started! Before I update you all on all the wonderful things of June, I thought I'd share some snapshots from May in Oklahoma. It was a crazy one. I think we all welcomed June with open arms, ready for a fresh start and hopefully an escape from the awful 2013 storm season.

May started out so calm and Kyle and I enjoyed evenings on the patio. We got a new fountain AND tiki torches so Kyle is pretty much in heaven.

 Northern California has NOTHING on Oklahoma sunsets. 

Grandpa and Grandma Donahue sent us home from Kansas this fall with some peonies. I really thought they had no hope, but wouldn't you know, all three of them started growing this summer. We only got one bloom, but it was a beauty, especially after the first storm.

 Then came May 16 and we got our Nielsen TV diaries. I was SO excited when Nielsen chose us because I am a complete nerd and I LOVE filling out surveys. I will say that even for someone who loves it, it got really old. Having multiple TVs didn't help matters. However, once May 20 hit, we had a pretty easy time recording because we watched pretty much nothing but storm coverage for the next few days. Not really an accurate representation of our viewing habits. Don't worry, I wrote in that typically there is a lot more Real Housewives, Teen Mom, Kardashian watching going on. Don't take away my reality TV! Everyone needs a guilty pleasure.

 On the last day of May, Stillwater had a close call and we took refuge at Michal's house. She's so kind to share her safe room with us. We didn't actually have to take cover, but it was fun hanging out with the little ones (Henry, 5 and Sam, 3) for a hour or so. Kyle even found a buddy to ride out the storm with. 

 And what do we do when we get home? Kyle has me take pictures of him in our ditch. If only the Ward boys would have seen this! 

 So last year our soil was cracking due to drought and now we're flooding! Welcome to Oklahoma. 


 But there is nothing better than the clouds after a storm. It's a great reminder of the beauty of God's creation. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day