4T's turns 50!


We decided to celebrate Father's Day on the Taylor side a week late since that's when Dad was planning the big 50th birthday bash for the store. I am so thankful my Grandpa had the courage to open a grocery store half a century ago because the store is the reason I am who I am today. It's why I grew up in Hennessey and why I have been blessed with so many opportunities in my life. My parents' hard work has a lot to do with that, too, but it's hard to imagine our life without 4T's. So when Dad told me about the concert/picnic they were throwing for the town, we made plans to be there for it.

Kyle only had to work half the day on Saturday, which hardly ever happens. I was so glad he got some extra time off because he'd been working late nights all week covering for one of the managers who was on vacation. So we made it to Hennessey by lunch and had plenty of time to play with Asher before the party started. At the party, we got to reminisce about what it was like to work at the store while serving hot dogs to the crowd, and several people came up to us saying they'd watched us grow from the time we were little. It was fun, and I think everyone had a great time. I know Asher did. Add a bounce house to any party, and he's in heaven. Thanks to everyone who came out to support my family and celebrate 50 years in business, which is quite a feat these days!

Asher and Kyle were best buds all day.

On the way to the picnic, he said, "Uncle Kyle, I want to hold your hand." It was so precious.


We were talking about the bounce house while Asher was napping, but he herd us and was up right away. He yelled, "What are you all talking about in there!" When I asked him why he woke up so early, he said it was because he was afraid we would leave for the party without him. Poor boy. He had a great time in the bounce house, and so did Kyle and Josh. They are just big kids at heart. 

The team in our tie-dye. The theme of the anniversary was "Groovy since 1963," so we had fun with it!

On Sunday, we went to church in Enid and then came back to the house for a home cooked meal. It was great. We also gave dad his Father's Day gifts. I am so blessed to have two wonderful parents. My dad worked hard when we were growing up and it was important for us to see his dedication to supporting his family. At the same time, he always made time for us, and I have countless memories with him. I remember watching the Little Mermaid one time and getting upset. Dad came to my room to see why I was crying, and I told him that I was sad for Ariel because she had to leave her dad. I never wanted that to happen to me. He said I didn't have to worry about that for a long time. He was right, and while I love being married to Kyle and building a life with him, there are days when a girl just needs a little time with her Dad. I hope you all had a great time celebrating your fathers this June.

 Our card had singing grass on it, so it was a hit with Asher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day