Weekend on the Farm

A few weekends ago I went with Mom, Dad, Stacy and Asher to Kansas for a visit. We were supposed to leave on Friday, but Asher wasn’t feeling well, so we postponed a day. Luckily on Saturday he was feeling good, so we headed out.

Before we pulled out of the driveway, Dad was loading the car and we were waiting patiently. Asher had his “map” out and was telling me how to get to Kansas. Then, we heard a kitten start meowing. He got very nervous and yelled for me to shut the doors. He said cats with stripes on them are mean and maybe we should shoot it. I was in shock! Apparently Dad is trying to brainwash my sweet little nephew, so I explained to him all the wonderful things about cats. I don’t think it made a difference since he was still giving the kitten the evil eye when we headed down the road.

We had a great time when we got to Kansas, and Asher had a good day on Saturday. He played with Landon, walked was carried halfway to the mailbox and back, and looked at the bird book. Unfortunately it was short-lived and when we got back from Mass on Sunday, he was not a happy camper. Luckily with some extra sleep and medicine, he was feeling alright for the drive home.

It was so good to see the Donahue family. I don’t get to visit as often as I’d like, especially now that I’m married with a fulltime job. But I guess I’ll have to settle for the time I’m able to get.

 Playing with some tractors he found in the shed. 

Asher and Landon had a great time playing together.

 
 I hadn't seen Landon in a LONG time and he was so big! One thing that hasn't changed is his KU wardrobe, but other than that, he was totally different. He was talking a lot more and would scream "I'm back!" every time he walked into the room. It was precious. He thought it was so funny that Haley would be sitting on Regina's lap, so he decided he needed to climb on, too. 

 Asher still loves the bird book! 

Playing Rummikub with Aunt Abby, Grandma Donahue and Mamo. Thank goodness he doesn't take after his mother, who hates that game!

 Movie night with a recovering little boy. We watched Robin Hood, the animated version. 


I really hope I’m able to remember how precious his little voice is. It was a higher pitch than normal since he was feeling a bit puny, but it was still almost more than I could bear. 

 This is ALL Asher wanted to do on the drive there and back...watch videos of himself! :) 

 Playing around in the back seat while we waited on Mom and Dad to get back from visiting Dan in the hospital.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day