Trick or Treat

I love Halloween! Maybe it's because it's during my favorite month, or maybe it's because I am a BIG fan of candy (and always have been). Either way, I always look forward to it. During college I wanted trick or treaters and they never would come, so I was very excited when Kyle and I moved into the YBH. I went out and bought a bunch of candy and waited eagerly by the door to hand it out to all the little ones that would come by. Unfortunately we didn't have many little ones. I think we only had one, actually. Total bummer, but just another lesson in adjusting my expectations! Dad said there'd be days like this...

So I wasn't expecting much last year, but we had SEVEN! That's quite the increase. This year we had about 10, so nothing groundbreaking, but still more than last year. I've always been a quality over quantity person anyway. That goes for my group of friends, my volunteer work - pretty much everything. I couldn't have asked for better trick or treaters. Whether it was the Shaws with the owl and Puss in Boots, or Jordan with little Mickey Mouse, it was a blast!

The one unfortunate part about my Halloween celebration was that none of these little creatures were able to stop by...

 Precious cousins! 

 Conner the monster

 Henry the monkey

Asher as Paul Bunyan, with a crocheted beard and all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day