Our Newest Payne!


I can't believe it's already Monday, but I'm thankful it is because I'm counting down the days until the weekend! On Friday, I woke up to a text message from Jerilyn saying her water broke and they were headed to the hospital! Just the night before she had told us she would be induced on Tuesday if she didn't go into labor before then. So I wasn't really expecting to hear any news for a couple of days. This was a good surprise!

I was glued to my phone the rest of the day, getting periodic updates from Stacie on how everything was going. Then, at 6:13 p.m. Conner Shelton Payne was here! He weighed 8 lbs. 14 oz. and was 21 inches long. It was a hard labor and he made quite the entrance, but he and mom are doing great. They went home from the hospital yesterday.

Unfortunately this was a "working" weekend for me, so I was in Nashville while all of this was going on. Some students and I were attending a conference there and we were scheduled to be home on Sunday around 2 p.m. I was so excited to get back so Kyle and I could go visit our new nephew. However, God must have had other plans for me because on the way home both my flights were delayed for several hours, maintenance issues caused us to deplane and board again, we sat on the Tulsa runway for 30+ minutes waiting for our gate to clear, and on the drive back we had to take a detour because Highway 412 was closed due to a fire. When I got home at 8:30 p.m., I was spent.

It probably worked out for the best. I think Jerilyn and Ben had plenty of visitors, and I'm sure they enjoyed spending their first evening at home with their new family. Kyle and I plan to visit next weekend, so I'll post more pictures then. Enjoy your week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day