It's a Boy!


This past weekend Stacie and Greg had a joint birthday party in Mulvane. Kyle and I were so glad we could go this year since we had to miss it last year due to work. We were there to celebrate their birthdays, but the real cause for celebration was that they were announcing the sex of their baby!

Kyle got really dressed up for the occasion!
Kyle's parents with their new Acadia (aka the baby mobile)!

We all thought Greg and Stacie found out the sex on August 12, but in reality they’ve known since June 26! I can’t imagine how hard it was for them not to tell anyone. I’m glad they didn’t, though, because it was fun for all of us to find out together. Stacie baked a cake and when she cut into it and it was blue, we all cheered. Here's a video Kyle got of the big reveal:



Of course, I wouldn’t have minded getting a niece, but I’m excited that Conner will have a boy cousin so close in age. It was always fun for me to have girl cousins to grow up with, and I have such great memories with them…


It was different for Kyle, but he seems to have turned out just fine. There are just some things you have no control over and although you might envision your future family one way, life has a way of surprising us. Instead of obsessing about the uncontrollable, I’m working on being thankful for the present and rolling with the punches. It will all work out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day