Spring Break


Contrary to popular belief, the OSU Foundation is not closed during spring break. In fact, we are open on most of the university-specific holidays. However, I was fortunate to be able to take 1 1/2 days off to spend a little time with the family during their break.

My parents, Zach, Stacy and Asher had planned to visit my Donahue grandparents in Kansas, so I decided to tag along. Poor Kyle had to work, but he also got to spend the weekend with Greg and Stacie. They took him to a Thunder game and then out for golf on Saturday. They also found some basketball video game Greg and Kyle used to play as kids so that entertained them for most of Saturday evening. Stacie sent me this photo.

They won with a dunk during the final seconds of the game. I think they're excited! :)

Back on the farm, we got to spend a little time with Landon, who is now 6 months old. It's hard to believe how big his is! He is even sitting up on his own. Asher did pretty good with him although he did unintentionally throw some of Landon's toys in his direction. Don't worry, everyone survived and all eyes are intact.


Checking each other out.

The Morrisons are very big KU fans, hence the St. Patrick's Day KU shirts Krista and Landon were wearing.

The next couple of days were relatively quiet. Usually the whole clan gets together but a few of them were on a ski trip and others still had school and sporting events, so it didn't work out. We had a lot of fun, though, and it was so nice to just be able to relax and enjoy time together.

Asher loves to be outside and is always looking for his shoes so he can go out.

Great Grandpa has a book that has all different kinds of birds and plays the sounds they make. Asher LOVED it, but he was only interested in the ducks. By the end of the weekend when you asked him which duck it was he would reply "mawlod" meaning Mallard. I know, he's brilliant!

Playing around the house with Great Grandpa Donahue.

Us grown-ups played a lot of cards and board games.

Asher is obsessed with tools right now and he had to hold each one he found in Grandpa's shed. This was the largest and he was very impressed by it.

His horses were his favorite toy this weekend, and he had fun feeding them toy apples.

Asher got close to a horse in real life for the first time this trip. He did a great job and didn't scare the animals away by screaming at them like he had with the cows. It is so amazing how much he has changed since our last trip in October. Now he is running around everywhere talking a mile a minute. It's so fun to be around him.

He was a little hesitant as first, but once he started petting the horses he didn't want to leave.

This is my first time to post a video taken with my camera. It's windy so the sound quality isn't great, and a horse was nudging my elbow so it gets a little shaky. I'll try to do better next time. Can you tell that this boy is smothered with attention?


Asher did not want to leave, so when we got home, I let him watch this video. He got so excited and held my camera just inches from his face, saying, "neigh neighs, neigh neighs!" It was so cute until my camera was running out of batteries and he had to stop.

He also got to take his first tractor ride. He enjoyed it, but I think he found the tools on the floor more interesting than the tractor.


I should also tell you that the Donahue family is in the middle of our college basketball bracket challenge. It's a pretty fierce competition. I am currently in 5th place out of 16. I fear I might be dropping pretty soon, though, because I picked Pittsburgh to go all the way. What a tragic mistake! I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments

  1. Asher is too cute! I'm so proud of your video posting. You must teach me your trick! I had to revert to youtube. User error I think. Also, what is the name of your grandpa's bird book? Henry would LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be too proud. It took me about an hour to get the whole video thing figured out! The book that my grandpa has is called "Bird Songs: 250 North American Birds in Song." You should be able to find it at Amazon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day

Embrace