Happy Birthday to Me

I turned 25 on Saturday. Birthdays aren't near as much fun as they were when I was little, but I still had a pretty great day. And the celebration continues! I've now had three birthday lunches, one party with the family and have two birthday dinners yet to come. I'm not used to all of this attention!

My grammatically incorrect birthday cookie.

Such a cheese ball these days.

Asher loves his binky. He now only gets it when he naps and rides in the car, so he cherishes those moments. I guess one isn't enough.

He got to play a game with us and loved playing with his "monies."



Ty got a grill for his birthday and Asher wanted to help put it together.

We are moving on up! Josh graduated from the deck to the garage. I bet he can't wait until he has an actual barber shop to work in!

We were in Hennessey celebrating this weekend and we watched some old family videos of Christmases and birthdays past. It was fun to see how much everyone has changed since the early 90s. Especially the adults! It was also sad to think that some of my family members who were so full of life in the videos are no longer with us.

I know most of you probably follow the Bachelor, but for those of you who don't, this season a mortician made it to the hometown dates. She seemed relatively normal and then she took Brad to the funeral home to show him what she did for a living. She made him lay on the embalming table and everything! It was awkward and a little creepy. But something that stuck out from that episode is how much death is a part of life. It is in everyone's future.

I hope that for the next quarter of a century, I can do a better job of appreciating people while they are still here and taking an opportunity to build a better relationship while I still have that chance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day