A Walk Down Memory Lane

It's my first lunchtime blog! I know, you are looking at the time stamp and wondering, "who eats lunch at 2 p.m.?" The answer is me, the wife of a car salesman. I wait and wait only to have him cancel on me for another appointment. I can't complain, though, because at least I get a little break at lunch unlike my wonderful, hard working husband.

In the past few weeks, Kyle and I have had more fun together than we have in a long time. Since getting married, we haven't done a very good job of taking time to focus on us. Sure, we spend a lot of time together, but we are always distracted by life and rarely go out unless another couple invites us or there is a special occasion.

We are trying to be better about this, though, and so last weekend Kyle took me on a date. We went to Kingfisher to eat at El Charro and see Kingfisher in Lights, something that my family always did together growing up. Sure, it's a longer drive from Stillwater than it was from Hennessey, but that gave us time to really talk to each other beyond the typical "how was your day" conversation.

Being back in Kingfisher reminded me of my high school days. Such wonderful memories that I cherish, but I am grateful that those days are in my past and I am living in the moment. What a wonderful path God has planned for me! I am very blessed and thankful for all that I've been given.

Now I'm off to eat the last of the peppermint bark that has been tempting me all morning. I'll leave you with a few photos of our weekend adventure.

At Kingfisher in Lights! This picture doesn't do the bridge justice. It was beautiful as always!

Our Christmas lights have been up for a while, but I never shared them with you. Kyle was so excited to do blue lights this year, and Tom graciously agreed to help him put them on the house.

Kyle and I worked on a fun project - making a bulletin board for my new office. As you can see, he got a little carried away with the staple gun! :)

The final product!


Popular posts from this blog

A Yellow Brick Farewell

DC Trip: Part One