Family Matters

This weekend we got to get out of the house and spend some quality time with both families. I know most people think they have the best family in the world, but Kyle and I are pretty sure that title belongs to us. After the accident, Kyle's dad has come to Stillwater not once, but TWICE just to mow our lawn. To think that he makes the 45 min. drive and spends hours in the heat just to make our lives easier means so much to us. We are so lucky to have him! He even brought us some gardening tools on his last trip. Somehow I don't think the oatmeal cookies I made come close to paying him back for all of that, but I know he's not keeping score! :)

My parents are in Branson this week celebrating their 29th anniversary, which was on Sunday. I cannot imagine what it will be like to be married for nearly 30 years, but I'm excited to find out! After almost two years, I can definitely say that I am nowhere close to being an expert, but my parents have it pretty much figured out. In all of my memories with them I can't remember ever thinking that they weren't completely in love. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen them fight. Kyle and I have a long way to go, but hopefully one day our kids can say that about us.

Family is extremely important to both of us, which is why we've chosen to live in Stillwater. We are 45 min. away from both sides, and I couldn't imagine a better set-up. We are so blessed. Even though we don't say it enough, we would be lost without them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day