Year Four

We were on a walk with Oliver the other day when out of the blue Kyle started talking about the possibility of selling the house. It took me a second to realize he was being serious. Out of the two of us, Kyle has always been the one who has said we'll stay here the longest. However, it looks like now I'm the one who is extremely hesitant to part ways with the yellow brick house.

Don't worry, we aren't making any rash decisions. It's just something we've started talking about a little more frequently. In fact, we went to a few open houses this weekend and that experience only confirmed how much I love our home. It's a perfect fit for us at this stage in our life. I just wish we could pick it up and move it to a different street. Maybe one that's not so close to a busy road and has neighbors that spend a little more time mowing and weeding their yards. (They are all lovely people, we just have differing opinions when it comes to the importance of these activities.)

I'm not sure what the future will hold, but I sure do hope we get to celebrate (at the very least) one or two more anniversaries in our yellow brick house. We've lived a lot of life here during the past four years and right now I can't imagine feeling at home anywhere else. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day