Hello, Summer!

I am a fall/winter kind of girl, so I'm always surprised at how excited I get when spring and summer roll around. There's just something about the sunny afternoons and blooming buds that put me in a good mood (and get my eyes watering, but that's another story). Here are some pictures of what we've been up to over the past few weeks.

 We always look forward to redoing the flower beds. This year, we weren't very pleased with the flowers we picked for the big bed, but the knockout roses we planted in the side bed are beautiful.



 And you've gotta love plants that surprise you and come back on their own. No, I'm not very observant when picking them out.


I can't take credit for this picture, I stole it off of Facebook, so thanks to whoever took it! Asher's playing T-ball for the first time, so I went to Hennessey for a game when Grandpa and Grandma Donahue were in town. It was hilarious. You had to remind every kid to run after they hit the ball. From what I hear, the game I saw went a little better than the first, but it was still pretty entertaining. Asher is working on getting faster at running around the bases - like an antelope being chased by a cheeta!

 After the game, we played a little noisy putty.

 One of Kyle's coworkers bought a motorcycle, so you can imagine how jealous Kyle is. As luck would have it, we've been storing it at our house for him, so Kyle gets to go on short rides every now and then. He talks me into going with him from time to time and, although I hate to admit it, it's a pretty good time.

We celebrated Mother's Day with the Foxes with a cookout at our house. We loved having everyone here but for some reason this is the only photo I took. After eating lunch, we all settled in to watch the Thunder game. Poor Oliver doesn't look very comfy in this photo.

 And more playoff fun. This was all Kyle's idea, but unfortunately, my boys aren't quite the same size.


 Celebrating Mother's Day with Mamo!


 Asher totally stressed me out with his art project for Mom. So messy!

 And Quinn finally got Asher out of the baby swing so she could take a turn. She isn't quite big enough, but we rigged it so it would work. She is such a smiley little girl!


 We've been taking a lot of trips with Oliver lately and he still travels so well. This trip was to Douglass for Ella's baby shower. Jerilyn was gracious enough to host it at her house, and we even got to see Conner before he had to go down for a nap. He's talking so much more now! From the second he walked in the door, he was telling us about trucks and tractors. He is definitely all boy!



 Stacie's mom made the beautiful cake.

The Hostessess and the Mother of Honor

Such wonderful women!

 Oliver made friends with Milo. He's 17 weeks old and they are the same size! Thank goodness Oliver isn't a full blood Great Dane or he would drag me around for sure. :)

 Peek-a-boo




 Another great thing about the summer is that the Bachelorette is on so girls nights are back! We had our first one last week and Morgan was shocked by some of Andi's choices. Me, too, Morgan. Me, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day