Meeting Miss Morgan


Do you ever get the feeling life is moving a little too fast and everything you know and love is changing? Well on April 21, I was feeling that way. My best friend since before I can even really remember was scheduled to have her baby the next morning. Don't get me wrong, I was incredibly thrilled for her and excited to finally meet little Miss Morgan, but I was having a little trouble believing it was actually about to happen. I'm sure those of you who struggle with change can totally relate.

But on April 22, I got to hold her precious baby in my arms, and in that moment, it all made sense. It felt like she'd always been right there with  us. Morgan Joann was born at 11:16 that morning weighing 7 lb. 7 oz. and measuring 20 inches long. She has a full head of dark hair and is perfect as can be! Kyle and I visited that evening and it was great to see Kim and Trey after most of the dust had settled. They had quite a few visitors, though, so I had to come back the next day to get the real story and ask all of the inappropriate birthing experience questions you can only talk about with your girlfriends. :)

It's been a few weeks and everyone seems to be doing wonderfully. I would expect nothing less, but I have been so impressed with how effortlessly Kim seems to be handling everything. She rolls with the punches, doesn't let little bumps in the road throw her off track and seems to be soaking in every moment. If I am ever a mother, I hope I can be like her.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day

Embrace