Saturdays with Oliver


When Kyle and I first got married, I hated spending Saturdays alone, but over time, I learned to appreciate the freedom and serenity they bring. My usual agenda, as long as we aren't traveling, is to sleep in until 9 (the high school version of me would be so disappointed that 9 a.m. is what I now consider sleeping in), clean the house, grocery shop, do laundry and catch up on Real Housewives.

I was terrified for my first Saturday alone with Oliver, as any non-dog person would have been. What was I going to do with him all by myself? Would he want me to play with him and entertain him all day? How would I get anything done?

Turns out all of that worrying was pointless. Saturday is still one of my favorite days, but mainly because I get to take him for a long walk in the mornings, laugh at him while he chases the vacuum and lay around with him once we've finished all of our work. It's a pretty sweet gig. I never really have alone time anymore, but dog time might be better. In my case, I still get to do whatever I want, I just have a goofy little companion who is more than happy and willing to follow my lead. Every now and then, he might let out a sigh when we're watching Real Housewives, but he never asks me to change the channel. :) 

This is the face I wake up to on Saturdays. He's ready to go on his walk.

 You weren't wanting to wash this towel, were you?

I don't have a video of him chasing the vacuum, but it looks a little something like this.

 Waiting patiently while I chop veggies. 

And we even fit in a little afternoon fun. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day

Embrace