Oklahoma

I have lived in Oklahoma my whole life, which is by no means abnormal here. It’s not a sexy place to live, so most people who live here are here for the heart. They love Oklahoma because it’s where their loved ones live, where they’re living out their passion or where they’re finding their path in life. It’s a special place for this reason. My heart breaks today as I think about everyone who lost loved ones and homes in the storms. I cannot fathom what that must be like. Living here has made me somewhat numb to tornados. I go about my everyday life and don’t worry too much until I hear the sirens sounding. Twenty-seven years and a few close calls, but my family and I have been extremely fortunate.

As I grow older, it’s harder and harder to understand why things happen the way they do. Why would one area suffer so much loss on multiple occasions? There’s no explaining it, but I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. God has a purpose, and we all pray that He brings peace to the families who’ve lost so much. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day