April Showers

You might think you have the best coworkers, but I'm pretty sure my people are better than yours. Since joining the Foundation, I've worked in three different departments. Each has its pros and cons but what I've loved most about ALL of them is the people I get to work with. Just when I think it can't get any better, I move to a different area and find a new bunch of talented, fun, hilarious, kind-hearted coworkers.

The three girls helping us out this year as student workers were no exception. To show them how much we apprecate all they do, we decided to "shower" them with gifts/praise during the last month of the semester. Yeah, you're right, it's pretty much a love fest over in Compliance and Stewardship! Each week one of us would get them a little gift and write them a thank you note. We ended the month with a group lunch and lots of laughs.

I wasn't sure what to get them for my gift, but when I saw these cute ice bags at T.J. Maxx, I just couldn't resist!

 

 
This was the clever note I left for each of them on this printable. I had some trouble getting it to work, but it was probably just me! 

Later in the week, I wrote them each a note on these cards. Aren't they perfect? I found them in the bargain bin at Staples a few months ago. Not bad for $1.50.

Another high point during the month of April was taking a trip to Okmulgee to visit OSUIT. It was really one of the coolest campuses I've ever been on and it had some great photo ops! My favorite part about the trip was being reminded of how much I love my team! We drove 4 hours total that day but it didn't seem like it with all of the fun stories we got to share.


This is where you get trained to climb electric poles. I like heights but not quite this much!


 Cheese! According to the tour guide, they invite the Pre-K class down to see these Tonka toys in real life. They even get to take turns driving. Luckily there were no preschoolers in sight that day or we would have been in trouble! 

I am really going to miss our students this summer, but as luck would have it, two of the three will be joining us again next year, so the fun continues! :)We also get to welcome a new team member in June who I already love. I am so blessed by these ladies!

We will miss you, Jordan L.! She graduated and is moving away to conquer the world! She's a technical writing major, so I'm sure she'll stay in touch.

Comments

  1. Know the love is mutual! Great post, great memories...and more to come!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day