Hoppy Easter

Easter came early this year, and Kyle and I weren't ready for it. We had spent several weekends in a row traveling to see family and were ready for a little downtime. However, both of our families were getting together, and I had a hard time wrapping my mind around not seeing either family on a holiday. So in the end we compromised. We would go to church in town, drive to Hennessey for a quick lunch and then come back home so Kyle could do some yard work.

I had my reservations, but in the end the day turned out to be pretty perfect. Going to early service gave us plenty of time to make it to Hennessey so I could help my Mom with the meal. Turns out, she would have been better off without me since I managed to ruin my favorite part...the deviled eggs :(. It was so disappointing. But the rest of the meal was great. Kyle and I entertained Asher after lunch with a little soccer and some egg hunting. After a quick game of pitch with the adults, we headed back to Stillwater.

 Asher wasn't into this picture, but I wanted to get one in his Easter best. Before they came over, Stacy told him they were going to change clothes and he said, "But Mommy, I look so handsome in this." He was right! He didn't last long in his dress clothes though. 

Asher wanted to hide AND hunt the eggs. You would think it would take him all of 2.5 seconds doing it that way, but he took his sweet little time "finding" them all. When we were about halfway done, he turned into a horse, which added a level of difficulty!

 Asher eventually tired of the hunting and decided he wanted to do flashcards on the iPhone.


The day had started off a little chilly, but by the time we got home, it was so nice! After the yard work was done, we even went for a little walk. It was a fabulous day to celebrate the resurrection! The only thing that would have made it better was being able to see these two cuties in person.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

Independence Day

A Yellow Brick Farewell