Reminiscing

Have I mentioned lately how badly I want a summer break? The good, long kind where you have nothing to do but relax, cruise to Sonic in the Skylark and hang out with family. Those were the good old days when all the siblings were together and Sonic still served Heath blasts... Well I might not be able to go back there, but this past weekend we got pretty close.

We went to Roman Nose with my family for one last hurrah before Zach heads to boot camp. We used to go to Roman Nose State Park all the time when we were little…like 0-6 years-old. There are certain things that stayed with me (like the big suckers Mom and Dad used to let me buy at the lodge), but I don't have a ton of memories since we were so little. So going in, I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was very nice for a destination so close to home.

While we were there we did a little stream walking, played volleyball until the wind blew over our net, went swimming, saw the horses and the guys squeezed in a very windy game of golf. It was fun. The best part was being with everyone (except Josh, who was busy working on the house). Even Grandma and Grandpa Donahue were able to come with us. Here are some pictures of our trip.

 We used to all fit on top of that sign, but not so much anymore.

 
Thundering Up even on vaca. Unfortunately the Thunder didn't win the game that night or the one after that. Maybe next year!
 Come on guys! Let's go to the creek already. I have my cute swim shoes on and everything! 


 They were quite the hikers during our trip, but they kept up with us!

 This water was freezing, but Asher loved every minute. 


 So pretty! 

Uncle Kyle and Asher were buddies the whole trip until Kyle had to leave early. On the next trip to the creek, Asher saw Kyle's shoes and asked where he was. I told him he had to go back to work. He then said in the cutest little voice, "I'm getting kinda lonesome for him and daddy."


 Maple and Scout got to come on the trip with us. They had a blast. 

 Kyle showing off in the foot-deep pool.

Playing volleyball back at the cabins.

The golf course was really pretty and from what I hear, rather difficult. Kyle wants to go again when it isn't so windy. 

Asher was a little nervous when we went to see the horses because he was so afraid they would lick him. He finally got up enough courage to pet their ears.


 Playing dice by the pool. I think Grandma won this game. 

 Lizard in the lodge pool! The big pool wasn't up and running yet, but we still had a good time. I didn't realize how much I missed Grandpa Taylor's pool. I think Mom and Dad need to get one! 

Grandpa was teaching Asher to climb by himself. Showing him how to get foot and hand holds.


 I'm the king of the world! 

 We weren't brave enough to stay in the teepees, but Asher loved playing in them. 

 Fun with Uncle!

I think this will be our only vacation this year since we are saving up for a big trip hopefully in the somewhat near future. It's on our leap list before kids, and I that's the one I am most excited to check off! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day

Embrace