Love Text

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/Sex_and_the_City_The_Movie.jpg

I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned this before, but I LOVE the first Sex and the City Movie. The second, not so much, but I’m pretty sure everyone in America agrees with me on that one. I watched it while I was sick last week. In the movie, there’s an exchange between Carrie and Big that goes a little something like this:

C: “Have you ever written me a love letter?”

B: “Does a love fax count?”

C: “When have I EVER gotten a love fax?”

B: “Oh, I'm sure my secretary sent you one...at some point. What can I tell you, baby? It's just not my style.

Besides, those guys had to write. They were separated from their loves by wars and hundreds and hundreds of miles. I'm right here. Hello.

You make me very happy.”

C: “Yeah, yeah. Put it in writing.”

Comic genius. Anyway, that got me thinking that Kyle and I rarely ever stop to focus on what we love about each other. Unfortunately we spend far too much time pointing out things we wish the other would do differently. (Like actually putting the dishes in the dishwasher for once or not "slamming" the door to the Camero upon entry/exit!) I am sure most couples can relate.

So from now on, I’m making more of an effort to voice the things I love about my husband instead of just thinking them. I tried it out this week by sending him a love text. It included just one thing that I love about him and he responded with the same. Hopefully this can become a special part of our routine and foster a little more love in the Fox home. You can never have too much, right?!

Comments

  1. How true you are. What a great practice to start! You are so wise my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the most romantic thing in the world, but it's definitely doable and smile-worthy.

      Delete
  2. I love this! It is far too easy to focus on the negative in a relationship...after almost 9 months of marriage I'm noticing that the negative comments outweigh the good...by a lot. I might just have to copy your idea here! (BTW, LOVE Sex & The City)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! I am sure Arsen will appreciate it! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day