Thunder and Lightening

Kyle and I have had a pretty great week! There are many reasons for this, but the biggest, especially for Kyle, is that he got to go to two Thunder playoff games. One of his friends so generously offered his playoff tickets to Kyle since he couldn't go himself.

By the time we found out about this, I had already made plans to play in a very serious bowling tournament Monday night. Plus, that was the season premier of The Bachelorette, so it would have been a shame to miss my watch party! :) Luckily for Kyle's brother, he went in my place. They had a great night despite the fact that Kyle got to bed about 3 hours later than he normally does and his voice was scratchy from all of the yelling.

Here's a picture from the "serious bowling tournament" referenced above. Our team, Minds in the Gutter, had a great time bowling and did pretty well, but the only prize we walked away with was the 2nd best dressed award.

Wednesday night was my turn to go with him. This game the team didn't play as well, but the ending was very exciting. For those of you who don't know, we were playing the Los Angeles Lakers - game two of the series. It came down to the final seconds. Sports doesn't get much more exciting than this. I had a great time, but Kyle clearly enjoyed himself much more than I did. He gets very into the game and it was fun to watch him. At home he's the only one screaming since I'm usually doing other things while the game is on. This time he had people to cheer with and high five. He was in heaven.



On Thursday we both had some time off. Kyle only had to work for half the day, and I went to Oklahoma City to see some former coworkers and do a little shopping. I had so much fun. I went to visit my old supervisor at Saxum and got a tour of their "new" building. I worked there the summer of 2007 as an intern. It was a hard summer for several reasons, but I grew so much as a person during that time. It's been five years, (where does the time go!) but I still vividly remember much of my time there. In fact, I can still smell the newspapers and the coffee brewing. I was just another one of the dozens of interns they've had, but it will always hold a special place in my heart.

In the old building there was free popcorn from the deli downstairs once a week. I took a little popcorn basket with me for the staff to enjoy. As it turns out, they still carry on the tradition and have a popcorn machine and everything. :)

This weekend, I am going to a baby shower for my cousin, and I can't wait! If my little craft project works out, it will be part of my gift, so I'll let you know how it goes. I hope you all had a great week as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day