Anniversaries and Kleenex

We had big plans for Memorial Day Weekend. Kyle was supposed to take off early on Saturday and then we were heading to Wichita for a weekend with the Fox family. I was excited to see Greg, Stacie and Henry since we haven’t seen them in months. Unfortunately Kyle started feeling ill on Wednesday. It got progressively worse and by Friday at noon, I knew our weekend plans wouldn’t end up happening.

Instead, we spent several days on the couch watching TV and gazing out the window. To top things off, our water heater went out on Sunday. Luckily Kyle was feeling better by Monday and so he and his dad were able to replace it while I sat on the couch blowing my nose pretty much every 2 minutes. Yay for me!

It wasn’t the best weekend we’ve ever had, but it was good to have time together. It also made me thankful that feeling crummy is a relatively rare occurrence for us. My aunt has breast cancer and is doing chemo right now. I can’t image how hard it must be to feel exhausted for days and weeks at a time. With God’s help, she is making the best of things and has a great attitude. I don’t how I would react in a situation like that, but I am so proud to have such a wonderful, strong Christian woman to look up to.

This weekend also marked two big anniversaries. The first was my 4th year working at the OSU Foundation. So much has changed during that time. I have grown up a lot and met some of the most wonderful people I’ve ever known. I have also watched a lot of people come and go. It’s strange that with 4 years here, I have more tenure than most of my coworkers. We are definitely a growing company, and I am so fortunate to have a job I love. I don’t have a lot to compare it to, but that just means I lucked out with my very first job!

The second is a double whammy – our 2nd anniversary in our home and the 2nd anniversary of this blog. This house is just what we need at this point in our lives, and we are so happy to be here. We are having fun tackling projects together and making lists of things that will EVENTUALLY get done.

I have enjoyed keeping you all up to date through this blog. It really does help me document our lives together and hold on to precious memories. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I only have a few new photos for you, so I thought I’d also include some oldies for a little walk down memory lane.

 Signing the beginning of the mountain of paperwork for our first home! 

 All moved in and exhausted.

 2010

 2011

 2012

The one bright spot of this weekend was watching the Thunder game with Kim and Trey on Sunday night. I didn’t get any photos, but here are some from the Thunder watch party we hosted for the last playoff game vs. the Lakers. 

 Enjoying our new fire pit. 

S'mores!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day

Embrace