Easter Showers...


It sure was a rainy weekend. After all of the dry conditions around here, the precip was just one of the many things we were thankful for this Easter. I took Friday off so I could travel to Eureka Springs with my parents to attend Jessica Means' wedding. Kyle was working, so I thought this would be a good bonding trip with Mom and Dad. It was nice to spend some alone time with them, and I discovered some new things. (Like the fact that they take a light bulb with them when they are staying in a hotel room. Apparently the ones they have aren't bright enough to read by, so they come prepared. Who are these people?!)

I'd never been to Eureka Springs so it was a nice trip. Jessica was married in the Thorncrown Chapel, which is a glass chapel on a hillside surrounded by trees. It was really beautiful and so was the bride. I am so excited for her and Landon, and I know their new life together will be filled with happiness! As the wedding was ending, I could hear the rain starting outside. Thankfully, because the trees are so dense, we didn't get very wet leaving the church. What a peaceful setting.

Thorncrown Chapel

Such a happy couple!

It continued to rain throughout the night and during most of our trip back to Hennessey. Kyle got there a few hours after we arrived. He, Josh and Asher had a fun time playing with an electric, remote control car. (That's right, I married a 12 year old!)

A few weeks ago we went shopping for an Easter basket for Asher. He thought they were hats. Too cute!

This is a picture from a few weekends ago, too, before his first haircut.

The boys playing with their new toy.



On Easter, we woke up and watched Asher open his presents before going to church. We then quickly ate lunch and celebrated Zach's 21st and Stacy's 27th birthdays. Then it was off to Oklahoma City to spend some time with my extended family.

Mom and Dad got Asher a musical card and he LOVED it!



Kyle and I gave Asher our Easter present the night before. It sounds lame, but he really liked his musical broom. He loves to help my mom sweep the deck and clean house.


After thinking about some of the situations my friends are going through, I couldn't help but be so grateful for all the blessings both our families are experiencing. I know our circumstances are bound to change and there will be challenges in the future, but I have faith that God will see us through no matter what the future brings. In the mean time, I will continue to pray that His peace and comfort would be with those struggling right now, and I hope you will do the same. God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day