The Closet

For the past few weekends, I have had things going on, which means my poor house has been neglected. I'm sorry to say it, but our bathrooms are in desperate need of a good scrub down. That's what was on the agenda for Sunday, however, I got distracted.

Tom and Kyle moved some of his stuff to Edmond and since he was getting rid of a reclining love seat, he asked if we were interested. Kyle loves anything that reclines so of course he thought we should take Tom up on it. This means getting rid of the red love seat/ottoman that was in the TV room. I really liked that peice of furniture. It was perfect for folding clothes because there was just enough space and the ottoman was not only huge, but it stored all of our blankets. Also, we got it from Uncle Terry and Aunt Cheryl when we moved. Luckily, it won't be going too far. Zach is moving into a rent house this summer and he is taking it.

All of this to say that instead of cleaning the bathroom, I had to find a place for all those blankets, which lead me to the dreaded closet. For the past several months it has been the catchall for the stuff we don't know where to keep. One and half episodes of Real Housewives and two bags to goodwill later, it was finally finished.

It's amazing how things pile up on you without realizing it. I tend to try to ignore things that I'm not sure what to do with. I stash them away and save the decision for another day. In reality, I know it only complicates things because it means I have to keep revisiting the same things over and over again, but it's just how I work. Luckily my husband is like that, too, so it doesn't drive him completely crazy. Ten years from now when we're on the show Hoarders, I guess you'll know why. :)

Friday was the OSUF all staff retreat. It was in the OClub and we got to walk across the football field to attend a few of the breakout sessions. Not only did I get an awesome watch, donated by Fossil, but Kyle and I also got to enjoy dinner and a magic show that evening. It was so much fun!


On Saturday, after spending some of my birthday money shopping in the city, I came home to a full house. Mom, Dad, Zach, Stacy, Asher and Josh were in Stillwater. It was so great seeing them! We went to Da Vinci's for dinner and since we were in the area, we just had to go into Petco so Asher could see some of the animals.


The cats were definitely his favorite and he wanted to play with their toy balls so badly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day