New Projects

I have had so much fun the past several days working on some fun projects that are a little out of the norm for me. I wouldn't say I am a creative person and since buying the house, most of my creative efforts have been focused on it. So it was nice to do some fun things this past week that were totally unrelated.

On Friday, I braved the CRAZY Oklahoma wind to go over to Kim's house and craft. We have been talking about having a craft night for a while and I'm so glad we finally got to have one. Trey was out of town, so we completely took over the kitchen and had such a great time! Kim got a Cricut for Christmas and she has been raving about it ever since. After using it, I totally understand. That thing is awesome and it's a scrapbooker's dream. I told my mom she needs to get one. Kim showed me how to make some adorable frames and she even let me try it out!



The finished product! Super cute!

This is the card I made for Jessica's bachelorette party.

I spent the rest of the weekend in Hennessey. I was there for Jessica's bachelorette party, which I'll post about later, and I decided to take Monday off so I could start on a project I've been wanting to tackle for a while now. A few months ago my boss, Michal, told me about a website (blurb.com) that will turn your blog into a book. One of her friends had used it and feel in love. If you are interested in it, I suggest you read her blog about it. It's very helpful.

I plan to use the site to turn this blog into a book some day, but for now, I thought I would start with the blog I wrote during my senior year at OSU. It wasn't an easy process but once I got the blog content added, it was so fun playing around with layouts. It brought back so many good memories, and I'm excited to have something permanent I can look back on.

Here is a screenshot of what I've been working on.

One project I would like to start is improving my photography skills. I became painfully aware of how much I do not know in that arena today when I was asked to take pictures at the Women for OSU Symposium. The guest speaker was none other than Lisa Ling. I grew up watching her on Channel One News in middle school and it was so exciting to get to meet her in person. However, I also had to follow her around with a camera trying to get good "candid" shots of her with the crowd. Needless to say, it didn't go that well. It was much better than I anticipated because she was very nice and didn't seem bothered by me, but I was wishing I knew how to do something more than just point and click.

Perhaps learning a little more about photography will be my next project...

This is my favorite shot of the day. I think it's a great photo of Trisha Yearwood, Ann Hargis and Lisa. Such powerful, confident ladies! If only that flower weren't growing out of Ann's head...

I really enjoyed hearing Lisa speak. She has had such an interesting life and she is so passionate about helping others. It was very inspiring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day