Work Family

This week has been a somewhat strange one as I came to the realization that two of my closest colleagues at work are actually going to be leaving before Christmas. :( They are moving on to better situations and I am happy for them, but that doesn't mean I'm not sad at the same time!

It's funny how the people you work with become your own little family. Like family, you don't always get to pick them and they are not always easy, but they are yours and you learn to love them -- at least 90% of the time, anyway. :)

I am blessed to work with some wonderful ladies, and I have a lot of fun with them. We are different in many ways but they teach me so much about life and are so supportive. That is one of the many things I am thankful for this season. I know it's also something that is always subject to change as life takes people in different directions.

This hand, I've been dealt a great work family and it's something I do not take for granted. Odds are that in my professional career that won't always be the case, but I'm an optimist so I'll ignore the odds and hope for the best. Maybe this is why I'm no good at gambling...

Anyway, just wanted to pass on some warm thoughts as I prep for the Murphy House Thanksgiving Feast tomorrow. It's going to be GREAT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day