Thanksgiving Weekend - Part 1

There’s just too much to share from last week, so I’m splitting it up in 2 parts.

As I mentioned before, Kyle and I are extremely lucky to have wonderful families, and this year, we had THREE Thanksgivings! All that food is a little overwhelming, but we love seeing everyone and spending some quality time with family.

However, even with all the togetherness, there was always someone missing. As we get older, life takes us in so many different directions that it’s hard to stay connected. It’s part of growing up and even though sometimes I secretly wish we were all 12 again, there’s no going back. I am thankful that our families are multiplying and moving on, taking advantage of new opportunities and spreading their wings.

We may not have seen all the siblings and cousins, but that doesn’t mean we weren’t thinking about each and every one of them over the holiday weekend. So, happy Thanksgiving to all those who had to miss out on the big family gatherings. We haven’t forgotten about you (even if you are halfway around the world)!


Thanksgiving at Surrey Hills with the Taylor family. If I look a little dazed, it's probably the vertigo.

Kyle made a little friend! What a cutie!

In between our fierce competition, I snapped this photo. This was after one of the three games we played that day. I won none of them! :(

The guys watching football...

We had a few house guests this weekend, including Sig, Greg and Stacie's dog. He rode with us on the way to Ponca for the Fox family Thanksgiving. I hate that I didn't get any other pictures! We were busy playing Wii and eating pumpkin pie! We always manage to leave with leftovers, which is why I don't have to cook tonight. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day