Anniversary Trip

I wanted to get one more blog in before I’m stuffing my face with turkey and noodles and napping! I know noodles aren’t part of a traditional Thanksgiving, but they are for us. In fact, all 3 of our Thanksgiving celebrations are going to include them. Yummy! :)

As you know, Nov. 8 was our second anniversary. Although we celebrated on the actual day, we wanted to do a little something more, so we planned a weekend trip to Oklahoma City. It was great to spend some quality time together and actually have one weekend away from our day-to-day routine.

It was fabulous and even though we were there for less than 24 hours, we managed to: get lost wondering around Bricktown, eat a 22 oz. steak (Kyle ate it while I watched in horror. That thing was huge!), take a carriage ride, break our bathroom sink, buy a Christmas tree, get my wedding ring cleaned (it’s so sparkly now!), shop for a new mattress, watch parasurfing on Lake Hefner, complete 90 percent of our Christmas shopping and meet up with Tom for dinner. That’s right, we’re good!

Enjoying our carriage ride!

Kyle being silly!

Ring, Ring...

You can't see them very well in this picture, but it was so cool to watch!

The one negative is that on the way home from the city, I got extremely dizzy. It’s the weirdest thing that’s ever happened to me! When I woke up on Monday morning, I couldn’t make it down the hall without holding myself up so I called in sick to work and went to the doctor. He thinks I have vertigo, which means I could have some dizziness for up to six weeks! :(

So far so good, though. Other than that episode, I’ve been feeling pretty good and the dizziness has been manageable. I have had to miss boot camp this week, which is no good considering what I’m planning to eat over the next few days!

Anyway, I hope you have a good Thanksgiving! Below are some pictures of our first Thanksgiving celebration, which happened last Friday.

We had a mock Thanksgiving with Blane's family since they live in Houston and were in town. It was SO good to see them!

The second generation of boy cousins!

Too cute!

The Taylor Clan

This little sweatshirt was just too cute to not take a picture!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day