Weekend on the Farm

After skipping summer vacation this year because I had a new house and an injured husband, I was really looking forward to taking a few days off work. I love my job but every now and then, you just need a little break. So I took Friday and Monday off and went with Mom, Stacy, Asher and Zach to Kansas to visit the family. Now that Kyle's dealership is down to three salesmen, there is no way he could take off, so he had a boys weekend with Tom and Josh. There is no telling what went on, but they had a great time!

I love visiting my grandparents on the farm because it's like being transported back in time before the internet, reliable cell phone service and cable. :) It's a simpler life and I appreciate the break. The drawback is that it's a four-hour drive, which seems long even when you aren't traveling with a one-year-old. Luckily Asher has always been a pretty good traveler, and he did great on the trip! He was a perfect angel on the way and most of the way back.

I took a little work with me, but I finished it the first night so the rest of the time I just sat around the house, played games with the family and had horrible allergies. (In case you are wondering, children's Zyrtec works on adults, too!)

How could you ever resist that cute little face!

This is as close as Asher got to the cows because he was so excited he was screaming at them.

I thought this was a cute one of him and Mom.

You turn your back for one second and he drinks a whole half gallon of milk!

We never have to buy pumpkins from the store because my grandparents grow them for us.

We make such a good pair!

Asher LOVES the stairs.

My favorite part of the trip was going to Dodge to see my cousin's new house and visit the newest addition to the Donahue clan, Landon James. Krista and Matt are pharmacists and recently built a house just blocks away from both of their parents. (I thought the Riddle family was the only one who lived so close!) The house was so beautiful, and I would die for that kitchen! Landon is a month old now and he is as precious as ever. Krista said he is a pretty good baby and if he isn't eating, he's probably sleeping.

Cute Landon sleeping away.

We got back home Sunday evening, so Monday was my day to do absolutely nothing. Mission accomplished. I thought about cleaning the bathrooms but there was a Property Virgins marathon on so obviously God wanted me to sit on the couch in my sweats all day, or at least that's what I tell myself! :)

Comments

  1. I LOVE Property Virgins...but even more, I LOVE that you watched a marathon in your sweats Monday! Glad you had a good trip in KS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day