One Whole Year Old!

My nephew, Asher, turned one on Oct. 2. I cannot believe he's already a year old! We celebrated his birthday on Sunday, and it was so much fun to watch him open presents and eat cake for the first time. I'm sure he was trying to figure out what on earth was happening. It's not every day that 30 family members visit and bring presents for you to open.

Kyle and I got him the cutest little outfit (I had so much fun shopping!), but I wanted to do something more because 1. clothes are no fun and 2. I wanted my gift to mean something to him when he's older. So I decided to make a photo book of our first year together. It was so much fun looking through all of the pictures, and I hope one day he'll be able to look at it and know that his aunt loved him from the very beginning. Below are some photos from the day:

I was going to have to work on Sunday, but my boss was kind enough to cover for me so I could make it to the party early to help set up (Thanks, Michal!). This is a picture of Asher helping Uncle Kyle get the deck ready for guests. Asher loves being outside and playing with sticks is his favorite!

So many presents, so little time.

I think he's more interested in the cars than my scrapbook. :) Someday he'll appreciate it.
Since hat is the only word Asher knows besides mommy and dada, it was a hat themed party. All the guest wore hats and Josh made these cute cupcakes. That's right, he made every single hat out of gum paste! Pretty impressive. He has a lot of somewhat strange talents.

He hasn't quite grasp the concept of blowing out a candle, he wanted to touch it instead.

"Hurry up, Dad! That cupcake looks good."

He takes after me! He ate all the frosting off of his cupcake and left the rest.

The wagon was one of his gifts, and he looked too cute in that jacket for me not to take a picture!

Mom, Stacy, Asher, Zach and I are heading to Plains, KS, on Friday to visit the Donahue side of the family, and I'm really looking forward to it! It's been far too long since we saw them. The older I get, the more I realize how limited our time here is. That concept never really sunk in when I was in high school counting down the days until summer. Now instead of anticipating the next big event, I look up and realize it's come and gone and wonder how life moves so fast. I know it's like that for everyone, it's just so funny how fast things change.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day