Rain or Shine

Last weekend was OSU’s homecoming and since we live in Stillwater, you couldn’t get away from all of the school spirit! Not that we’d want to. It keeps us young. Unfortunately last weekend was a rainy one.

As an adviser, I spend a lot of time with the students. Since school started, not a week has gone by that I haven’t heard something about homecoming. Whether it’s someone stressed out about all the pomping they have to do, or someone who is excited about seeing it all come together -- that’s all they've been talking about. So in the early morning hours on Friday when the rain started, I was sad for them. That didn’t damper the spirit, though, and all events went on as scheduled, rain or shine. Had the Cowboys won, it would have been the perfect end to the weekend.

It was a great reminder that we can’t control our circumstances, and sometimes you just have to roll with the punches. That’s something I’ve been working on this year. I am a planner, which is not always a great quality, especially when plans change at the last minute with no warning. My goal is to always be proactive (I know that’s the Public Relations grad in me), but there are times when the way you react to changes is even more important than all the time and energy you spent preparing every detail.

Just some food for thought on this wonderful FRIDAY afternoon!

Here's a picture of Kyle and I at walkaround. Luckily the rain was done by then, so we didn't get soaked.

This is a photo of the winning house dec. You can't see it in this picture, but this one had the Branding Success logo on it! (That's the Foundations' campaign.) I'm sure that's why it won.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day