It must be love!

The week of Valentine's Day was a short one for me because I took a few vacation days, so Kyle and I celebrated early. Wouldn't you know, it snowed on the day we planned to celebrate! It was a beautiful snow with big, fluffy flakes and as I sat at my desk sipping some hot cocoa, I got a call from the front desk. I had a delivery and was so surprised to see that Kyle had sent me flowers! We'd decided not to do anything for Valentine's Day, but what girl doesn't like getting flowers? After work we went out to eat, which was the perfect way to end the wonderful day.



When actual Valentine's Day rolled around, I drove to Hennessey to babysit Asher. Mom and Dad were in Vegas/San Francisco that week, so I offered to come down for the day so Josh and Stacy didn't have to take any more time off work. I decided to be ambitious and take a Valentine's Day project for us. I chose spaghetti art, which is very out of character for me. Messes stress me out. (Maybe this is why we don't have kids yet!) But I decided to be brave, and I'm so glad I did. Asher had a great time.

 Drinking out of his Valentine's Day cup.
 It started out so well. 

 And then got messier.
And before I knew it, the colors were mixed together, Asher was building a "train" and  was covered in paint.


And then this...

Kyle surprised us both that afternoon when he showed up in Hennessey, too. We played a little soccer, did some swinging, went to eat at Los Perez and then headed over to Stacy and Josh's for haircuts. It was a later weeknight than usual, but totally worth it!



The next day, Asher and Stacy came to Stillwater. Asher forgot his animals, so we had to go by Hobby Lobby and get some more. His favorite thing to play with at my house is noisy putty and apparently it's impossible to play with that unless you have animals.



It was a great Valentine's Day week and I could definitely feel the love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day