Family Funday

It cooled way down this past weekend! While I would typically be very excited about this development, I found myself wishing it would have happened on a different weekend because we'd planned the MS Walk for Oct. 6. The weather did effect our turn-out, but as always, I still had a great time hanging out with the committee and raising money for a good cause.

Once the event was over on Saturday, I was pretty much worthless. I jumped into my sweat pants, watched RHONY and took a nap. We had nothing planned for Sunday until Kyle's parents called to see if we wanted to come to Ponca for Oktoberfest. We were so glad they did! We had a great time. I think I had been once before and it was fun to see all of the creative crafts the vendors had. If we had been in Kyle's truck, we would have gone home with a new piece of furniture. Oh well, I guess things happen for a reason... Kyle on the other hand, has been many times before. He got to walk down memory lane and take home two big containers of his Mom's chili, so he was a very happy boy!

When we were leaving Ponca, I realized I had a missed call from my sister. They wanted to come up to Stillwater for dinner and we were game. The guys decided on Kyoto's and we had so much fun watching Asher experience it for the first time. He loved it and did so well! He was very good to sit in his chair (pretending to be Duke the horse, as Stacy fed him carrots from her salad), and he actually liked a lot of the food. The only part he wasn't too sure about was the fire.




And to top it all off, I got to talk to Zach about his adventures in Monterey. I can't wait to go visit him. It was nice to get some unexpected family time after a long week. There's nothing like family to brighten your day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day