Asher Turns 2!

 
I can’t believe this is possible, but after the marathon posting from last week, I still have catching up to do. That will have to wait for another day, though, because this past weekend Asher turned 2! We celebrated with a family party on Oct. 2 (the actual day of his birth) at Mom and Dad's house.

Stacy did such a great job planning the party. This year's theme was horses because Asher LOVES horses. I had such a great time at the party and felt so blessed to be an aunt not only to this little guy, but also to Conner and soon-to-be-born Henry. Family is everything to me, and it's so special to get to spend time with the ones I love. Below are some pictures that pretty much sum up the day.

The party invite! 

 
This is a bad picture, but I was trying to get all of the decorations.
We were in charge of bringing balloons, and yes, that is a big horse balloon. Asher loved it!

 
This poster had a picture of Asher from each month of his life (plus a few more). Stacy put it up early so all through dinner on Saturday night, Asher was staring at it. That boy is a little obsessed with himself! He is definitely Stacy's child! :)

 This was Asher's cake. Josh made it and he did a GREAT job. 

 Here we are before the party. Asher wanted me to get my phone out so he could see Pistol Pete. He loves watching videos of him, much to Grandpa's disappointment. Somehow a schooner just isn't as exciting...

 What are you people doing?! 

 Asher couldn't wait to play with the blocks Lisa and Ty got him. Unfortunately he still had dozens of presents to unwrap.

 He did a really good job unwrapping, but he wanted to get every piece of paper off.

Time for cake!


We played volleyball after the party. I'd like to point out that my team won...both games.

Asher got a little thirsty.

This is a bad picture, but it's the only one I got of Grandma and Grandpa Donahue. I was so glad they could come! It's always good to see them, even if it's a short visit.

Asher loved all of his gifts, but he got really excited about Jason and Angie's gift:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day