Thursday Nights

My final cake!

For 4 weeks in June I spent my Thursday nights at cake class. From 6-8 we discussed butter cream, played with icing and practiced making flowers. It was a lot of fun, but by the end, I think we were all ready for some extra free time.

So now that cake class is officially over, I've had a lot more of it. This means I am now halfway through "The Help" (better late than never) and I'm down to one episode of the Real Housewives on the DVR! Kyle is so proud. I was also able to finish up plans for Conner's baby shower. Stacie and I were so excited to throw a shower for our new little nephew this past weekend, which we had been looking forward to for months. I went to Ponca on Friday to finish the last minute details before the shower on Saturday. There was a really good turnout and we had such a great time. Now all we have left to do is wait for that baby to be born in LESS THAN A MONTH!

This past weekend reminded me of how much I appreciate having time to do things I enjoy. There is plenty in life you have to do whether you like it or not, but I'm blessed to have a schedule that allows me some flexibility!

The proud graduates!

Who doesn't want to come home to a frosting love note? This is what happened to most of the frosting left over from cake class. :)

Stacie let me help her with the cake pops for the shower. I didn't get an after picture, but here is one during.

What a cute little pregnant woman she is!

Stacie was also busy on Friday night making a cake and cupcakes for another shower that one of her friends was having. She taught me how to use fondant! I rolled and cut out those circles, which was much easier than I thought.

Sisters-in-law!

The gift table, which kept growing and growing!

I can't take credit for this one, it was all Stacie.

The spread. I made those tortilla roll-ups and someone even asked me for the recipe!

Playing games.


The hostesses with the guest of honor.

The baby bumps are growing!

Kyle is really into golf again so that's what he's been doing in his free time, well that and washing his car! :) He has also managed to swing by the Elk's Lodge pool a few times since we are in the middle of a ridiculous heat wave. I can't remember the last time a 90 was in the forecast, which makes me really sorry for Jerilyn! I went to the pool with him once, had a totally awkward experience (you don't want to know), but managed to snap this picture of him and Tom before we left.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day