Lately

I have been such a bad blogger as of late. Sorry about that. With trips, goodbye parties, book club and cake class, I haven’t had a ton of time. Which means I owe you a lot of updates! However, I know your time is valuable so below are some quick hits.

1. Immediately after my last post, I flew to Austin for the Donor Relations conference. It was a great time, and I learned there are few things better than Amy’s coconut chocolate rum ice cream. Thanks to Candice for introducing me to that one!

I ate every drop!

2. My boss of 3 years is moving to another department! :( I am very sad to lose her but really happy that she is getting this opportunity. Thank goodness she’ll still be at the Foundation!

I spent a few nights this weekend working on her going away present.

3. I’m about to have another nephew! Jerilyn is due in early August and I’m so excited. I went to Wichita a few weekends ago to plan the baby shower. That’s something I’ll be doing again very soon because Stacie is expecting a little one, too! I can hardly wait!

Baby bumps!

We painted these letters to fit her camo nursery theme. Aren't you impressed?

4. Cake class officially started last week and I discovered it’s going to be a pretty expensive little venture. I’ve already had to buy all kinds of supplies, which is pretty frustrating considering I’m not even sure if I’m going to enjoy it at this point. The good news is that I’m taking the class with Krissi and Kim so we are having a lot of fun! We decorated cookies in the first class and next time we are moving up to cakes, so watch out!



Mine are the white ones.

5. I didn’t miss Kyle’s last softball game after all! I was really excited to get to be there even though they lost. Kyle was playing catcher (he has played that position most of the season) and he did a very impressive back summersault while making a play! Too bad I didn’t capture it on film.

Kyle's parents came to his last games. Here is his dad being silly.

Look at that form! :)

6. I shocked myself when I joined a book club. Elementary and middle school pretty much ruined reading for me. I don’t enjoy it that much, but I really like book club so far. We had our first meeting on Monday and it was great to get together with the ladies. The first book was "Water for Elephants," which I give a 7 out of 10. It was good and very interesting, but I had trouble believing the connection between the two main characters. Our next book is going to be "The Help."

7. Asher is learning his colors! He has orange down really well, which of course means that he’s going to be a Cowboys fan (unfortunately he know red pretty well, too). He knows the other colors but doesn’t always get them right. He says a lot of things are green and pink.

I think mom MAY have helped him with this picture.



He's very into water these days.



Joe Cool is ready for the pool!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day

Embrace