2010 in a Nutshell

Kyle and I rang in the new year in the parking lot of the Carmike Cinema with Ashlea and Nehemiah. It was a great evening. We went to dinner and then watched The Fighter, which wasn't bad, but not really my cup of tea. It was a lot of family bickering, cuss words and people getting beat up. Kyle enjoyed it.

Now that 2011 is here, I started thinking about the past year and had several revelations:

1. My husband spends a lot of his time in the doctor's office. Between getting his wisdom teeth out in March, visiting the ER in June and having surgery in July, he's pretty much an expert at racking up medical bills. Throw in a couple of sinus infections, and I think he's had his fair share of illnesses for a while. Let's hope 2011 is healthy and accident free!

2. Our families are multiplying like rabbits. Three of my cousins welcomed new additions to their families, we gained a brother-in-law and a sister-in-law, and we found out that Kyle's sister will soon be having a little one! What fun!

3. We are grown ups. Kyle turned the big 2-5 in February, that's right, he's 1/4 of a century old! Between that, buying a house and getting life insurance, we might as well be our parents. (Not that that would be a bad thing!)

4. Car salesmen can't leave their profession at work. This year, we sold two cars, purchased one and bought a motorcycle. I fear 2011 holds more vehicle purchases as Kyle's truck becomes less and less reliable. Let's hope it holds on for a while!

5. Stillwater finally feels like home. When I started college in 2004, I never imagined that I would one day be living here. It's a perfect place for us, and I couldn't be more thankful to have a job I love in a city I love. Our next mission is to find a church we love.

Well, that's as far as I got. I'm sure I could have done a little more deep thinking, but HGTV calls! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day