Memphis, Baby!

The annual ADRP Conference was in Memphis this year. I've been to Memphis a few times before but it's always fun to experience a city with a new group of people. Several of my coworkers were able to go, and we had a blast exploring the city. We would conference all day, head out for a bite to eat and then turn in early, which was totally my speed. Here are some pictures from the trip.

 We stayed at the Peabody with all kinds of ducks. 

 From the live ducks in the lobby to the floor in the elevator and the duck soap in each room, they truly embraced their most famous residents. 

 We arrived the day before the conference and were able to squeeze in a trip to Graceland. 

 This was my favorite part of the trip. It's such a great tour and was even better the second time around with John Stamos' voice and iPads to help guide us.

 Such a pretty lawn. Kyle would be so jealous.

 Checking out the office where they responded to all that fan mail. 

 The hall of golden records. 

 The old racquetball court now features his many awards and flashy costumes. 


 This one was my favorite. 

 The memorial garden


  Such a peaceful resting place. 

 My tour mates! 


 I was tempted to buy this cup just because someone finally got my name right! 

 Our cab driver took us by the spot where MLK Jr. was killed, which is marked with a wreath. He said those cars have remained there ever since.


 Beale Street!

Silky O'Sullivan's was our hang out. The patio and live music were almost as great as the huge slide they had for their goats. 

 I wasn't kidding. 

 The guardians of the Peabody. 
 Each morning, the crowd gathered for the famous march of the ducks. 

 The duck master has a pretty sweet gig if you ask me. Especially once I learned how much he gets paid. Sign me up! 



We ate BBQ pretty much every day. 

And even made time for some conferencing in between all the fun. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day